Since October 2010 it has been possible to put a solid roof onto a conservatory or porch.
In August 2013 the Local Authority of Building Control (LABC) released a circular containing some basic guidelines relating to Building Regulation Legislation which apply to the replacement of a translucent roof on a conservatory or porch with a solid roof.
The Guardian Solid Roof is the only lightweight tiled roof system that is fully approved by the Local Authority of Building Control.
To comply with part L of the building regulations 2010, all roofs to rooms (except those in unheated buildings) should be thermally insulated to a maximum U-value of 0.18 W/m²K.
The building as a whole must be structurally sound.
Any alterations that affect the original structure must be carefully considered. The foundations must be checked to ensure their suitability for an increased loading.
The conservatory window framework must be assessed also and the new roof structure must be proven to be structurally sound.
For people who really know about roof windows
Our extensive range of Dakea products is an affordable option when considering a Guardian Warm Roof. They come in a wide range of opening options with safety a priority. Dakea windows together, with our energy efficient Titan Glass, solidity of construction, variety of colours to suit and transferable guarantee are an easy choice for your new Guardian Solid Roof.
ISO Certified world class manufacturing facilities with guaranteed capacity, that pays attention and puts every effort into supplying you with the best product possible, from the completed roof window right down to the smallest detail (each screw , each operation, and every material component has been tested to the highest standards). This obsessive attention to detail and long experience is what will really make the difference to your customers, who require performance to the highest level for the lifetime of the product, and complete peace of mind.
- Quick, Efficient Install: due mainly to our innovative underfelt foil collar
- Master Wood: all of our wood used is Certified Nordic Pine
- Titan Energy Efficient Glass: offering superb energy performance helping to lower energy cost
- Transferable Guarantee: each product comes with our Next 20 guarantee option
- Highest Standards: our longevity, exclusive technology and experience lead to unrivalled high standard
TapcoSlate has the random texture and edges of natural slate. Tapco Slate are lightweight (from only 12 kgs/sq. metre), strong, cost effective, recyclable and attractive. Tapco Slate is available in a range of attractive colours and blends. A production-induced camber ensures the slates follow the roof contours for maximum wind uplift protection. TapcoSlates have excellent weathering characteristics; they will not curl, lift or delaminate and are impermeable to water. Tapco Slates are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty and are BBA certified.
- Manufactured from a recyclable blend of limestone and polypropylene
- TapcoSlate highlights the handsome character of slate, at the same time enhancing roof performance through innovative design
- Unlike natural slate, TapcoSlate won’t break or delaminate and comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- BBA Certified TapcoSlate gives you the power to evoke both historical elegance and outstanding modern-day style
- TapcoSlate Mixes are another feature of our unique colour choices; they deliver uncommon elegance through boldly appealing multiple colours to turn your roof into a work of art
Metrotile roof systems meet all British and European standards. Our tiles are also BBA certified and produced in a factory that meets the ISO14001 standard. Metrotile uses Z185 quality steel, the highest quality available to our industry. Each tile offers unparalleled strength and higher performance than traditional materials
- Metrotiles are up to 7 times lighter than traditional roofing materials
- A Metrotile roof generates no more noise than a roof built from traditional materials
- Metrotiles are tested to withstand the most extreme weather conditions
- Metrotiles can be used on pitches as low as 10 degrees
- Each tile is pressed from the highest drawing quality steel for unparalleled strength and higher performance than traditional materials
- Every installation comes with a unique 40 year weatherproof guarantee
- A wide range of roof accessories are available including ventilation systems, photovoltaic panels and finishings
- A Metrotile roof needs virtually no maintenance once installed
- All Metrotiles meet British and European Standards
- Each tile is 100% recyclable
Proof that the Guardian™ Roof stands the test of time
Fitted in 2003
Recent additional work to an eleven year old Guardian Roof meant that the tiles had to be stripped off. At the same time we thought that it might be the ideal opportunity to inspect the original breather membrane and ply deck, to determine if there had been any deterioration over this period of time.
Proof indeed that the Guardian™ Roof is a brilliant conservatory roof solution!